Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Monday, May 20, 2013

My first speaking engagemnt - May 1st 2013

On May 1st, was a very important day for me as I begin to venture into my motivational speaking engagements. I was invited to speak at the UTPA Austin Alumni Chapter.  This was an important invitation for me.

You see, days before I was contemplating whether what my purpose was in this world. I can say that I am not alone with that thought. How many of you have had that question to yourself. Then, out of the blue, I got a call. A rather interesting one from Mrs. Carmen Guerra with the UTPA Austin Alumni Chapter. She called to check up on me and to tell me I was selected as their spotlight alum.  Tears began to bundle up in my eyes because it was not moments prior that I was having a conversation with myself, my dear friend Kristin and the Lord. You see He does hear prayers.

As I prepared for my debut, I was excited to share my story with our alumni. My story is rather interesting that I wish to inspire many individuals, young and old, to fulfill their dreams despite the challenges they may encounter. I embrace adversity at all levels, which I believe has made me the individual I am today.

At the end of my speaking engagement, I immediately called my mother, my best friend. I had tears I could not quite explain and immediately she sensed my saddened heart. But it was at the moment I had an accomplishment and for the first time could not run to her and hug her. She knew I had tears of joy and all I could tell her is I loved her with all my heart. My parents are my number one supporters and I am grateful to have them as parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment