Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Friday, February 12, 2010

If at first you don't succeed try, try again!


On Wednesday and Thursday I attended two Tech Prep events for work. On Wednesday night I made a drive out to TSTC Cultural Arts Center in Harlingen, Texas. It's about a 40 minute drive from Edcouch. I arrived and was well greeted. I must say I had never been welcomed in that fashion before at a district event. Shortly after my sign in I bumped into some Veterans that I had met last year. But, new to my networking list is Ron Tupper. He is a great man. He actually accompanied me to my table and made small talk with me. He is also a funny man. Well, shortly after the reception began when they were getting to announce the guest speaker I was like who is Tony Hill? Well, if I was a super duper Cowboys fan like my very good friend Iris I would have known better.

He spoke about the importance of trying hard to achieve success, because without trying you will not experience it. He talked a little more about the importance of an education and how much he loves his kids. As I snuck out of the reception, I bumped into Tony as he was leaving as well. We had a nice conversation as we walked to the parking lot. I had told him that I appreciated his little speech and that was exactly what I needed to hear at the perfect time. After we talked a little further he said I sounded like a well grounded women and that men can see "quality." When he asked if I had a boyfriend, I was rather shy to answer but I had to say no. He was even surprised as I was. He told me that the day will come when a man will see all the quality in me and at that point he will grab on to me and lever let go. I think he hit it right on the nail. Hearing him say that was like hearing my father say that to me, which probably would never happen because my dad is not a "mushy mushy" man as he would call it. But Tony's sincerety made me appreciate him as a person. I am sure glad we were able to cross paths.

I drove home with a smile on my face like you not imagine. I let the course of love in my life in the hands of the most important being in my life, Jesus my Lord and Savior. The next day, I prepared for the luncheon which was just as great as the reception. I got an autograph for Iris and we shared one last picture moment before he departed back home.

You will hear me occasionally talk about love, maybe men, my family, and work. I just got to learn to stop talking about work but it's just that there is never a dull moment.

Alright, I can't seem to have anything else to share but I am supposed to go on a "movie date" tonight and see Valentine's Day. I sure hope he doesn't cancel.

Peace and Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment