Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mirror Mirror on the Wall

Lets talk about my day yesterday. I have pretty much the same routine. Wake up, shower, dress up, feed Chloe, drive to work, work. But in between during my lunch I take my mother to her doctors visit. Then shortly after that I got classes. Sitting in the doctors office with my mother was an experience for me. I had never been with her at one of her visits only when she gets so ill that she is hospitalized.

My parents are always going to the doctor. I hear the stories about their visits when I get home from work, school or a late dinner with friends. My parents never tell me or my sister, who still live at home, their conditions. They don't want us to worry about them. I know my parents are both diabetic, one has high blood pressure and the other has heart problems. My mother may also be in the beginning stages of uterine cancer. Hearing the doctor tell my mom her results of an exam were normal, I was happy. I had to reaffirm my mother that she is fine, although she does experience pain on her left side.


I love my parents so much. Since, my dad has been in east coast with my older brother I find that I have a strong will and passion for keeping up with all the responsibilities that surround me. My father raised me, unlike my sister, to depend on no one but myself. If I wanted to get something done, I needed to do it. I believe that by him instilling that in me I have become a very independent woman. But who is to say that I wouldn't like someone to do something for me sometimes. I bet that will feel good. But considering this unexpected change in my responsibilities at home, I made a decision to not concentrate on my thesis this semester. That means I will graduate in the summer and if not, in the fall. I am actually fine with that because I will finish it this year and I am in no rush. I want to make sure it is my perfect masterpiece that I can show off like all those famous artists out there. Plus, that is another goal off my to do list!


I was so exhausted yesterday that I just felt like quiting. Thoughts of why education is so important, why having a great job is so important, why being the marvelous person that I am even matter just kept running through my mind. But, I had to give myself words of affirmation like "You are great!" "You are marvelous" "You are a powerful young Latina woman with so much to offer!" it was then that I felt better.


Being a daughter is very hard and it doesn't help that I am also the baby with very high ambitions. All I can say is that I am glad my parents disciplined me, always instilled in me the importance of an education, affirming to me that I am a great girl that will make someone happy one day.


So this morning when I woke up my mirror said to me "You are SO beautiful." I love my sense of humor that I can make myself laugh!




Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment