Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Life on a Thursday in the RGV

Here I am again. I woke up this morning rather restless. I don't understand why if I fell asleep rather early but I was really looking forward to watching White Collar. I guess I missed it.

When I arrived home last night after a class on Political Leadership my mind began to take a course of its own. I sank in a deep thought of where I was leading my life. Many people, I am sure, always think of what their purpose is in this life. I know I sure do. I reflect at times on whether I should have done things differently or should I have stayed home on a Friday night.

What I was able to understand is that we are in the front seat of our lives and it is up to us to take control of it. I don't want my life to be just about fun and parties, I don't want my life to be just of work and responsibility, I don't want my life to be just about family. I would like my life to be the combination of all the things that make me happy. For example, I love my friends company when we hang out at a local bar, or friends house. I love to be with my family on the weekends. I love my work during the week. But, why is it that we do more of one than the other.

If I had to describe myself I would say that I am a very determined woman. I am not sure whether my sign has anything to do with it, but I am a Scorpio. For some reason, I am very dedicated to my job, my family, my friends, and a special someone. I dedicate myself because that is just me. I have a calendar book that I carry with me everywhere and if I have an open spot I will fill it for an invite to a birthday party or so.

So where am I getting at? Hmmm, well I am just happy for where I am at at this moment in time. This Thursday is going to be good. We got a meeting at 11am, then I got a meeting at the Hidalgo County Courthouse regarding Child Protective Services after lunch and then I got paperwork and calendar events to watch out for.

I feel as though I am missing something in my life. Maybe not so much something but someone. I have this idea that if we have a wonderful life, why not make it better by sharing it with a special someone. I hope I am not too mushy but this is my way of thinking. A little bit of love in one's life shouldn't hurt.

Alright, thanks to a good friend and colleague, Shaine Mata, who encouraged me to stay active on my blog. This is my start to a new beginning for me.

Peace and Love, Mari

No comments:

Post a Comment