Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Monday, February 08, 2010

"Are we better off today than we were four years ago?"

This morning seemed to take a different direction for me. I have to tend to "daddy's" duties with my mom like doctor appointments and at the same time deal with work. I have an unimaginable schedule for some of my friends that don't know me well but for those who do its nothing new. I always get everything out of the way for work, grad school, house responsibilities, and yet have a life. This has been by far the most happy-sad experience I had to deal with ever but I am glad that I have a strong foundation to keep going and growing as a person.

I was flipping through a book of political satires and found the title of this blog. I can remember vaguely four years ago. I was 23 years old, a senior in college getting ready to finish up school. The economy must not have been that good since I had to manage three jobs and school. None the less, I got through it. What else can I recall....hmmm not much. Oh yeah, I had recently ended a long term relationship of 8 years! That is when I was like I gotta be an independent woman and depend on myself so that when I do meet a new prospect, we will compliment each other as opposed to supplementing each other.

So four years later, I have a BBS in Finance and a soon MPA degree in a couple of months. An independent woman I am. I can change my own oil to my truck and car, if I really want to get dirty. I can purchase my own tires and negotiate deals. I can shop for trailers on behalf of my dad and not let them take advantage of me. I can go get a hair cut whenever I want, and nails too. I can just get in my car and drive to Austin to see friends. I just do what I want. The economy though is not that good so that is why I spend cautiously. I actually got a budget that I live with, its just the smart way to spend. That is why I was able to buy a new puppy, a Field Spaniel. Her name is Chloe. Four years ago I probably could not even afford a dog. Having a puppy is a lot of responsibility. Its like she is my baby. She cries for me when I am gone and wants all my attention when I am home. I love her so much. Its like she came into my life at the perfect time.

Now, since V-Day is coming up I am just waiting to see if any magic will come my way. I must say its been that long since I have had roses delivered to my work, had a romantic dinner, or any loving surprises. But, I am fine with it. My first year single, I recieved nothing which was fine (I didn't know how bad it was to be single...on a funny note), second year my dad was in the hospital and my brother took me and my bff out and made us feel like princesses, third year a friend of mine just bought me the whole V-Day gifts just to bring my spirits ups (a total surprise may I add), and the fourth year my girlfriends and I dined out at Texas Land & Cattle in Austin for a fabulous weekend in Austin (they came up to see me). So, I guess I have been ok.

I am just curious about how this week will end. I really don't ask for much. I am satisfied with the most simple things anyone can recieve. I happy and thankful for the friendships I have. So, a surpise would just be the cherry on top of my icecream sundae. Atleast, the ticket guy at the movie theatre gave me a coupon to use at my next visit for this week. Its funny, I just hope I get to use it and if I don't receive anything well atleast I got a discount coupon....very funny.

I have nothing else on my calendar that needs immediate attention. But work will continue. Lunch is here and I need to get some food in this little stomache of mine.

Peace and Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment