Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

This Game Called Life Is So Serious

Waking up early everyday is becoming a pattern for me. Granted, I am used to waking up thirty minutes before I actually have to head out of the house. But, now I am trying to change that pattern. Lately my alarm has been set at 5:30am and I tend to get out of bed by 7:15am. Reading that sentence makes me want to be a wee bit more responsible.  Also, I am trying to go to bed early so that I don't have such a problem when I wake up.  Alright, like I was saying, I woke up and departed to Jack Allen's Kitchen with my friend Sabrina. I am so glad she invited me because I had been neglecting myself of any social interaction.  If you know me, that is so not normal for me. So Sabrina picked me and we had a nice chat on the way. It feels so heart warming when I can hang out with good friends and especially those who come from the same town as I do, well the Rio Grande Valley.

Brunch at Jack Allen's Kitchen was too good to be true. I mean I arrived starving! Well, not literally.  I enjoyed good company and meeting someone new, Kelly. She is the Executive Manager for Yelp.com. Lets just say I was really impressed and since cooking and eating food is my other hobby other than keeping up with politics, I decided to get more involved about Yelp.com...I have officially done my first review. That was so fun and interesting.


I am not sure if I have mentioned this but I now reside in Austin Texas. I have been here for two weeks now and lets just say I need to make some improvements in my life. I need to create a better circle of friends, for example, surround myself around those who enjoy talking politics and social issues and especially with those who enjoy dancing and having random fun adventures.  My goal is to be spontaneous and spend the least amount of money possible...I think I can do this.

The whole reason for my relocation was my job promotion. I got promoted to Capitol Chief of Staff for State Representative Aaron Pena, District 40 of the Texas House of Representatives.  I must say that even though I am going on 7 years with him, this new transition has me on my toes. I always strive to be the best and I feel like I am at the point where I can apply everything I have learned through my education, life and institutional experience to make a difference.  I may look young but rest assured I mean business.

So, as I reflect on the past two weeks, all I know is that I am a cheerful person blessed to have good friends that understand me and help me.  It has been a little rocky for me but I am behind the wheel of my life. I am taking charge and like my big brother says, never surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment