Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Monday, January 06, 2014

New Years Post! Yay 2014

What can I say to start off this post...HAPPY NEW YEARS! The New Year we all reflect, at least some of us do, on what we did wrong in 2013 and how we can do it better. Let see, I dated a jerk then so no more jerks for me, haha. That's one thought but since I am a pretty optimistic gal and very ambitious I wrote some things down myself. Overall, I just want to dedicated myself to family, career and life. 2013 was a year of firsts for me. It was also the year that I failed to keep a consistent exercise routine. I don't eat a lot for those who do not know me. I am a socialite. SO I LOVE FOOD, DRINKS and GOOD COMPANY! but who doesn't?

I learned a lot about myself in 2013 as well. I learned that I can keep setting goals for myself and accomplishing them. For 2014 I have decided to step out my comfort zone and dream BIGGER! I def want to meet Oprah for SURE! I have had two dreams about her. In my first dream, I dreamt that she was in my little country home, in the kitchen sitting down and talking with me. I was cooking for her. I can't remember what I was cooking but she was sitting in my little country kitchen table and just waiting to see what I had prepared for her. We talked, laughed and told me that she thought I was one amazing woman and that she had to meet me. I woke up that day as if I had met her in real life! I then had another recurring dream about her, same, similar but this time it felt like I had to put it on my secret board to meet her in person. I really want to. I want to share with her my story, my love story as well because that says a lot about who I am especially my upbringing. 

I traveled the state before the new year came around. I spent it with family, more specific my bro and his family in West Texas and I am glad I made the trip out. I get so caught up with my work and priorities that I fail to put my siblings and continue to make memories with them a priority. I am a family girl so this aspect of my life is very important to me. My nieces and nephews even asked if I can see them more often. So, I made a promise and I will follow through. My eldest nephew has also asked that I spend time with him so I am def doing a lot of traveling and especially get to visit some of the Food Networks food stars travels like Guy Fieri and Adam from Man vs Food. My Mari vs Food adventures will def be taking on outside of Texas restaurants.

Oh and if you don't remember from my last post, a guy who is not important today said I was, "FAT" yes, he said that. Didn't really hurt my self-esteem but he did make me reflect on my health goals and plans. So, this year I have hired a personal trainer to get me where I want to be fitness-wise. My trainer is AMAZING! and I am so excited to share with you my transformation with her help, because I need it. So, stay tuned. I intend to blog more so than ever! So follow me :-)


Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment