Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

Sunshine in my Life through the lovely Andrea Sloan

Everyone goes through life meeting many different faces, establishing strong friendships and relationships through those we encounter. I for one have been very blessed to have shared days in my life with someone I met through a wonderful amazing woman I like to call my angel, the lovely Michelle W. You see this is the memory I will forever have in my head for as long as I live.

I was legislative staffer for about 9-10 years. I had the opportunity to meet many influential individuals and many executives and many consultants.  They witnessed my work ethic, my character and that says a lot about who I am. In midyear 2012, I was preparing to close out three offices, manage a committee hearing and maintain the responsibilities of a chief of staff. I did it all! As others in the industry determine where they will work next, I had no time to think about my next employment.  I did know that I wanted to pursue a career in the lobby world or private sector. I had so much institutional knowledge and a good network that it was the step I needed to take. Well, my angel set me up with a very wonderful man looking for someone to work with him. I was blessed, I had something to fall back on with all the rucus going on in my life. Through all of that, I met her amazing best friend, Andrea Sloan. Seeing their friendship and how connected they were to each other made me feel very blessed to even witness it and take part in their joyous friendship.  Little did I know Andrea was fighting for her life. We got hang out at Paggi House one day, her birthday I believe. She was wearing a superwoman cape and she def was a superwoman. We had small talk on the men in my life. Talked about relationships. It was nice.

I value good friendships and relationship so much. And I can't express how deeply saddened I was to hear of her passing as I spent time with family in West Texas. Remarkable people and women like Andrea are very rare. They are special, they leave imprints in peoples lives, they make a difference, they are fighters, they are just amazing. Andrea was my sunshine. She reminded me to live life, not hold back and enjoy every minute of every day. God has his angel with him. You can know more of her story with this video by KXAN.



In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the Texas Advocacy Project or to the “Moon Shots Program” at MD Anderson Cancer Center in memory of Andrea Sloan.

Peace & Love

No comments:

Post a Comment