Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Sunday, October 03, 2010

I wish upon a star...

We all at one point we all have made a wish upon a shooting star randomly.  I know I have more than once. Some of my wishes ranged from I wish my mom would not get mad at me if she found out that...well, I will just keep that one to myself.

As I reflect on my weeks events I have to say that I wished so many things would happen to me differently. But, now I am glad things happened the way they did.  You see, I love being challenged and surprisingly even though I experience a lot of adversity and heartache, I get by and through it all.  I am a unique individual because throwing in the towel is just not an option for me.

I had many opportunities to give up this past week but with lots of prayer and and an understanding family I got through it.  I felt as though my life was falling apart. Being away from family and my very closest friends who have always been there for me with just one ring I learned the most to adapt to my new surrounding.  I adapted in a way that I did what I had to do no matter what because I am all I got.  My dad was wise in teaching me this at the age of 18.  This was my father's first advise to me: "Mija, you gotta do things for yourself and don't assume people will do things for you, you have to do things for yourself because no one else will do it for you."  This day, I could hear him tell me this in my ear when I struggled with my car, LOLA, who was giving me problems.

But as I sat with a manager I befriended on a Wednesday evening after work he complimented me with some nice words.  He told me that he had met many politically involved individuals and those working for elected officials and he said that I was very different from them.  He said some of those people, which some are friends, are very "snobby" for lack of better words, and that they talked too much and did not take it well when there was difference of opinion.  He told me that I am very calm, reserved and I listen. That he is able to have a conversation with me and I tried to understand his point of view. His opinion of me based on his observance and experience with others who do what I do, said that I am a strong willed person that is very grounded and has great strength.  He says one day, I will be recognized and that I will be well known.  I was not sure how to react but with I do talk a lot and I do listen. I don't get angry when someone tells me their position on something but we rather talk about it.  I was very humbled to hear that from him. He had made my day.

Sometimes I wish though that I could just find a person that would compliment me.  I actually don't ask for much, just to be loved and to be supported in what I do.  There is one individual that saying his name makes me very happy.  We may be different but he gives me peace. Just being around him makes me feel connected to someone else other than myself.  The times we have spent with each other are very memorable but are long past.  Men these days are just so confused with what kind of woman they want and vice versus.  But as I reflect in any future relationship I think about how important will I be to this guy and will he even make me feel significant.  I could easily say I would never date again but I will not because I do want to get married one day and have a family and travel the world. But for now, I would like someone to share my life experiences with. I am at a moment in my life that I wish I had someone to call when I had a happy moment, right now when I do call I get no pick up or no call back.

I know there is definitely nothing wrong with me but I know God has someone special for me.  I just pray that God will send me a nice, tall, handsome man soon....hey a woman can wish right.

Well, I am gonna hit the sack. Sorry for my mushiness but this thing called "LOVE" is just too complex.

Tootles.

No comments:

Post a Comment