Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Runoff Elections in Texas, May 27th 2014

Been keeping up with elections lately? Well, I have been trying to keep up as well. Runoff Elections are coming up and there are some interesting races to keep an eye on.

Before I get in to that, let me remind you that you can register to vote. You may be eligible to vote in the runoff election if you register before April 28th, 2014 because you have to register 30 days prior to an election. So, if you take care of that soon you can vote in the Runoff and General election which is just as FUN!

Where can you register to vote? Go to your local elections office in your county. You can simply Google you elections office and get their phone number and call in for info or simply walk in to their building. Make sure you take your DL with you.

May 27, 2014 - Primary Runoff Election Date
A more detailed Primary calendar is at the Conducting Your Elections pages and our Candidates Guide
Authority conducting electionsPolitical Party County Chairs
First Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
(does not apply to FPCA)
Friday, March 28, 2014 (if did not request runoff ballot on application for primary ballot)
Last Day to Register to VoteMonday, April 28, 2014
First Day of Early VotingMonday, May 19, 2014
Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail
(Received, not Postmarked)
Friday, May 16, 2014 (NEW LAW: 9th day before election day; regular ABBM)

FPCA deadline is Tuesday, May 20, 2014 (UNCHANGED: 7thday before election day; FPCA)
Last Day of Early VotingFriday, May 23, 2014
Last day to Receive Ballot by MailTuesday, May 27, 2014 (election day) at 7:00 p.m. (unless overseas deadline applies)

The Texas Tribune posted a list of those with runoff elections in Texas at all levels of government - feel free to follow their website, otherwise, see enclosed list by The Texas Tribune of which I love so much!


2014-05-27









No comments:

Post a Comment