Welcome!

I hope you enjoy my blog. I will write from a wide range of subjects from politics to fashion to family and food. But, primarily I will share with you my most happy and sad moments of my life that I enjoy embracing and sharing.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

There is nothing wrong with ALWAYS being Thankful!

My Monday started off with some high winds, rain, and hail. YES, HAIL. I enjoyed watching mother nature from bedroom balcony as I enjoyed my morning coffee. Thankfully, I did not have to be on the road so earlier but had to take care of some work from home. As I stood by my balcony door looking out into the Colorado River, I could not just be so thankful and I consumed myself in that beauty of that moment.

You see everyone has a story. Everyone has been through something in their lives that either moves them to do more for the good or be content with what they have.  Never in a million years would I have imagined my life to be so rewarding, loving, and full of joy.

I can remember when I worked at Burger King, at Bealls, at Autozone. Yes, at Autozone, and I do know about trucks, since I did have a Chevy Silverado 4x4 extended cab with mud tires. Yup, that was me and Old Sebastian, of which as retired to the comfort of my dads home. But all that I am today, my determination to keep doing good and working hard has def paid off. As my morning got going and the sun warming up the day, I was just consumed in getting some work done. It felt really good. I enjoy those days.

I didn't realize how fast time had past by. I forget I had invitation to catch up with a colleague. Not only that I got to see Senator Lucio and some other colleagues in the field at the same time. Being the young one is always interesting because I am surrounded by veterans in the industry and hearing their stories and how they started in Texas Government and Politics is what I honestly love to hear.  We all can talk about work and the issues that are affecting the state but the most joyous times for me is listening how they got into government. Their stories were similar like mine, working for a legislative office and then transitioning out.  I didn't find my story any different. Like the lady I met, she was one of the first Latina lobbyist in the state.

Like her I think our stories were similar. Entered into Texas Government at 19 and we haven't left. She chatted with me some of her most memorable moments and achievements. Her love of her community but most importantly her career. She gave me tips on how to stay grounded and keep the success going.  It is powerful when a woman empowers another young woman. At times it easy for some women to not extend that arm or hand to someone and in my experience I have been blessed with women who inspire me each day to keep pushing forward and knowing that I have their support as I muddle through the world of politics and government. It is not an easy task, but I love it. I love the fact that knowledge is key but most importantly the relationships and friendships you establish. My parents always emphasized to be respectful and courteous to all. I am thankful for that. But, I am also more thankful in having such grand faith that my purpose in this world is far greater than my own understanding.

It is days like this Monday where I can appreciate and be thankful for all the blessings God has provided me with. My story is my own but being around those who share similar beginnings is always the story one can hear. Thank you! and watch out world Mari is coming through!

Peace & Love


No comments:

Post a Comment